Santa Maria Azores Map
The Santa Maria Azores Map is a nice little tool that you can use to get an idea of the size of the island. It is a fairly small, measuring just 17 by 9.5 kilometers.
Like many of the islands in the Azores, it is possible to drive around the island in just one day. But you will have a far better time if you stay for several days and explore the island at a more leisurely pace. This allows you to fully appreciate the island.
This Santa Maria Azores Map is easy to use so you can explore the island. Simply use the tools on the upper left corner of the map to zoom in or out and to move up, down, left or right.
View Larger Map
Some notable areas of Santa Maria include:
- Vila do Porto - the first town in the Azores
- Praia Formoso - a great beach well worth a summer visit
- Baia de Sao Lourenco - a beautiful area with a beach, vineyards and a nice bay
- Anjos - Christopher Columbus stopped here - why don't you?
Wondering where Santa Maria is? The island is closest to Sao Miguel Azores. The map shows where it is in relation to Sao Miguel at the most Southwestern tip of the archipelago:
Courtesy of Wikipedia
And to see a map of all of the islands, go to the Azores Map
Read more about Santa Maria Acores or go to the Magical Azores Islands home page for lots of information about all of the Azores Islands.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.